Tip 4 – First Contact
From your marketing plan you’ve agreed to speak to a targeted Recruitment decision maker.
Now reminding you of tips for this first contact, by phone or video meeting.
· Prep – you know this! – know the business to target how you’ll add value and about who you’re speaking with, to engage with them.
· STAR technique – yep, you know this also – prepare to concisely explain where and how you’ve delivered previously.
· Elevator Pitch / Intro – start the call / meet by confirming “who you are, what potential solution you’re bringing and thus why they should listen”. Normally this is for a candidate; on whose behalf you’re working Exclusively on with a short list of clients. Now it’s you, but the same benefits apply.
· Qualify – Step 1 of sales is to know your target’s needs. Step 2 is matching you in solving these and Step 3 is the Close of agreeing to take the process further.
· Flexibility – be innovative in delivering solutions, but match results with reward.
Remember, your objective is 2 fold: progress to the next stage, but only if you believe, it could be a ‘match’ for you.
Photo courtesy of Visuals on Unsplash