We’re working with several of our clients to introduce or to increase their delivery of Retained assignments to their clients, including how to highlight the benefit to their clients in retaining them as recruitment specialists vs contingent, particularly in this current market.
It’s key to focus on the main drivers where recruiting Clients benefit from Retained searches:
1. Confidentiality – this is not assured within a Contingent process.
2. Speed and efficiency of turnaround to a defined schedule.
3. The role has relatively unique or scarce skillset and experience requirements.
4. Greater Candidate commitment and exclusivity in a competitive market.
5. Forming a partnership with a market specialist.
These needs and the subsequent benefits apply, even when more high calibre Candidates are actively seeking new opportunities and / or are open to discussions.
Within this dynamic and challenging market, where recruiting managers’ time is market focussed, there’s greater need for any current recruitment to be well managed and delivered within an agreed process.
If you recruit new talent, have you experienced the benefits of retaining a recruitment specialist?